Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pregnancy update - Week 24

My baby boy is moving a lot. It's nice to feel him move every day since it took forever to feel any movement. For the longest time, I was like "am I really pregnant?", because the only thing I felt was tired and nauseous!

I had an appointment with my midwife this past week and I gained 5 lbs (!!!) in one month. This is not the greatest news, but I know that a lot of people (who are not pregnant) also gained 5 lbs during the holidays.  I'm hoping the weight gain slows down a bit.  I've gained 15 lbs so far.  The one sad thing about the weight gain is that my rings are starting to feel *really* snug.  I actually had to take them off yesterday when I was packing :(  I know it's silly, they're only rings, but this makes me sad; even sadder than having to give up wine for 9 months.

Rings aside, I'm loving being pregnant. I do get tired more easily, which makes the packing for our move a bit harder, but that's to be expected. We started packing well in advance and do a bit every day so it's not overwhelming. We've also contacted a cleaning service to help us with the cleaning of both houses; a quick cleaning of the house we're selling, and a big cleaning of the house we're moving into.

The fun thing about being 24 weeks is that I am *really* showing now :) People in my classes started noticing this week.

Also, one of my dogs (the pug) loves sleeping on my pregnant belly.  I think she's hatching it.
 

6 comments:

  1. So happy to hear everything's going well! And I love that last photo! So cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, the pug is keeping him warm! haha, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful! I've heard of dogs loving pregnant bellies! I sure hope my pup loves mine when I get pregnant (hopefully sooner than later). I hear lemon and water ot lime and water help with inflamation, so maybe a glass a day will keep your rings on longer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo of your pug laying on your belly. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you!!! Such an exciting time in your life :)

    ReplyDelete