Wednesday, January 8, 2014

My thoughts - 8 days before the move

Two years ago when I left my safe and stable job of 8 years to go back to uni, I would've never expected us to be HERE, at this point in 2014, about to start a new and very different chapter of our lives. Looking back, I think that deep down I may have known big changes were upon us, but no one ever really knows for sure until it happens.  It was just an intuitive feeling I had.

//This is me on my last day of work with the boxed contents of my cubicle sitting outside my office building and waiting for Sean to get the car//
 Many thought I was fearless (which I'm not), or perhaps crazy (maybe sometimes), for leaving the comfort of a full-time well-paying "permanent" job.  Thank goodness I had my husband who never doubted me or my decision.  He stood by me and plowed through all the challenges that came our way in the past 2 years while I was in school.  He encouraged me the whole time and has been supporting us financially ever since.  I'm forever grateful to him for allowing me to follow one of my dreams.  He's the best.

Almost two years later, a few months away from being done my degree, we're pregnant and we're moving to a new home.

So here we are surrounded by boxes of our own belongings, taking pieces of a house we have called "home" for the past 5 years, and getting ready to move everything and everyone (1 teenager, 3 dogs, 2 cats).

This is the first house Sean and I have shared together; it's the house we lived in when he proposed; and also the home where we hosted family and friends for brunch the day after our wedding.  More recently, it's where we found out we were going to have a child.  Finding out about our surprise pregnancy was both the shock of our lives and one of the happiest things we have experienced together so far.  For two people who weren't interested in having babies, we're doing ok!  We're doing more than ok actually, we're ecstatic (now that the news has sunk in!) and excited about this miracle.  Yea, we have our freak out moments, but all in all we'll be fine.  Freak out moments are normal in any new situation.

I'm both scared and extremely happy about moving to our new home and growing our family with an extra little human.

Only 8 days until moving day.

5 comments:

  1. Such an exciting time for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting and inspiring. I cannot wait to continue following your journey in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so exciting! Wishing you all the best with the move, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah good luck with the move. moving can always be so bittersweet :)
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet story. :) I'm so happy for you guys. Leaving your job had to feel so good! Starting a new chapter in life is always so exciting and a bit scary. It goes to show that everything does happen for a reason!

    ReplyDelete